JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
RN - ICU (7p - 7a)
Nursing / LVN
7p - 7a
JPS Patient Care Pavilion
Description: The RN - Critical Care assesses, plans, directs, implements, and intervenes to provide quality patient care. Assess patient health problems, needs development, and maintains patient medical records. The RN - Critical Care is responsible for directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her team.
- Performs complete data collection of patient with regard to age and development stage, presenting complaints and pertinent history. Assesses, plans, implements and modifies nursing care, medication administration, and discharge planning to assigned group of patients including education directed toward individualized patient needs utilizing the nursing process in coordination with policies and procedures.
- Monitors, records, and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ condition including vital signs intervening when appropriate.
- Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the potential for infection, harm, or injury while working with the interdisciplinary teams. Actively participates in the performance improvement processes related to nursing practice.
- Communicates with patients/families using available resources and tools to provide age appropriate patient preferred language.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and other hospital staff and /or guest with outstanding customer service adhering to established standards of behavior.
- Demonstrates fluency in timely completion of the electronic medical record and other documentation requirements.
- Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop skills and understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and ideas in the care of patients and families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of coordination of patient care, discharges, and transfers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Six months of experience performing Registered Nurse duties and responsibilities.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Maintained throughout employment.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) certification and maintained throughout employment.
- ACLS within 3 months of hire, EKG test passed within 90 days, and initial NIHSS within 90 days and maintained throughout employment.
Required Specialized Training:
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program within 90 days.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited Professional School of Nursing.
- 2 plus years of experience performing Registered Nurse duties and responsibilities.
- National Nursing Certification in related specialty area, Trauma Care After Resuscitation course (TCAR).
Preferred Specialized Training:
- Experience using and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
1575 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104